Mountain View Independent Methodist Church
Thursday, August 17, 2017
God is good ALL the time... and ALL the time, God is good!!

Church History

 
Summary of Church History
 
The earliest church in the community was established in 1854. It was documented as, "The Wesleyan Methodist Communion Church". This church burned in the late 1800's. The people met and organized a "Sabbath School" at the Mountain View School House, which was located about one-half mile north of the burned church's location. A short time later, a one room church was built and organized. Because of it's location at the top of a hill, it was named Mountain View Methodist Church.
 
Due to growth in number, this church was replaced in the early 1900's on the same site. In 1969, a new sanctuary was erected. The "Old Church" that was being used for classrooms was torn down and six classrooms and two bathrooms were added to the new structure in 1975. In 1974, two acres were purchased that joined the church land. A fellowship hall was built in 1979.
 
Due to more growth, a new educational building was erected with ten classrooms. Bathroom facilities were remodeled and enlarged to meet state building codes. Down through the years, many preachers have graced the pulpit at Mountain View Church.
 
 
Some of the more recent preachers and their length of service were:
 
 
Rev. Henry Thompson
 
September 1948 through July 1960.
 
 
Rev. Everett Wright
 
July 1960 through June 1961.
 
 
Rev. Bill Payne
 
July 1961 through April 1963.
 
 
Rev. Austin "Bud" Frye
 
June 1963 through June 2000.
 
 
Rev. David Hunt
 
June 2000 through April 2008.
 
 
God has been good to Mountain View Independent Methodist Church over the years. The Lord has blessed us in so many ways. We pray that God's blessings will continue to be upon our church and our church family. We pray that He will help us to go forth and serve Him and our community in a way that will bring honor to Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.